Hi there, I’m Alison.
A series of serendipitous events has brought me home to Yorkshire after many years in Scotland and steered me towards creating my own business. I’ve named my services Dipitus in honour of those events and because serendipity is one of my favourite words.
EXPERIENCE in all forms of professional communications
PASSION for all things Yorkshire
FLAIR for language
TALENT for creating and building successful working relationships
AMBITION to assist businesses to represent themselves in the best possible light
Key Skills and Qualifications
- CIM Professional Certificate in Marketing (due to complete in July 2019)
- MA (Hons) English and Classical Studies, University of St Andrews
- Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) Level 3 award covering communications and presentations
- A career in research and information provision and management at global law firms
- HNC in Information Science
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- WordPress, SEO, and HTML and CSS
- Google Analytics
- Survey Monkey
- Toluna Quick Surveys
- Adobe Photoshop
- URL shorteners
- Social media automation tools
- PRINCE2 project management
- Minimum touch typing speed of 60 words per minute
- Winner of or shortlisted in creative writing competitions
- Regular blogs on subjects of my own suggestion and sourcing licensed images. I consider the target audience and how to achieve the business’s aims whilst writing relevant, interesting and SEO-optimised content.
- Creating a mailing list and regular email newsletters in Mailchimp. Adding a sign-up lightbox to the website.
- Improving website content, navigation, and user experience.
- Researching longtail keyword phrases and search intent to optimise search engine rankings.
- Advertisement design and researching print publications with low cost and high reach advertising, maximising effect through negotiating editorial, competitions or discounts.
- Password holder on social media accounts.
- Researching and identifying upcoming and current trends, news stories, posts and business/networking hours to create posts or comment on.
- Evaluating the success of communications, ROI, and company website through Google Analytics, social media insights, Mailchimp statistics and customer feedback.
- Performing marketing audits and creating and updating marketing strategies
- Market research through online surveys such as Survey Monkey and Toluna
- Press releases
- Books and brochures